Welcome Aparrianos!

This is for all aparrianos (or those who care for Aparri) who are ready to blog!

Should you wish to join as a Power User, please send me your email address at aparrianos at gmail dot com. (please change "at" to "@" and "dot" to "."). Power user will be able to initiate blogs. There are a limited number of users this blog is allowed to take. First come , first serve.

Keep blogging...and as we always try to...

LIVE simply and fully,
SPEAK kindly and truthfully,
CARE generously and freely,
LOVE sincerely and deeply

Friday, September 11, 2009

An Open Letter - Reginald B. Tamayo

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Countrymen:

I am REGINALD BALISI TAMAYO, 45, married, a public servant and a humble Christian.

I am writing to inform you that I am running for the Senate in the 2010 elections under the ANG KAPATIRAN Party. I expect a certain amount of skepticism on your part. In fact many asked me these questions- “Isn’t that a little unrealistic? Isn’t that a wishful thinking?” I also asked the same questions a few times. I was clueless. By default, I dismissed my nomination to be a Senatorial candidate as a joke. I thought that I was not prepared tore-shape my life and that of my family by running into a national office.

However, as many put it, there’s a reason for everything. It is in this spirit that I am inviting you to read my story why I am taking this long shot for a Senate seat.

Looking Back (excerpts)
: completed AB Philosophy in 1985 at the University of the Philippines
: father was a clerk-typist and my mother worked as a gasoline girl
: hired as a lecturer at the Lyceum of Aparri
: appointed at the young age of 21 as Dean of Liberal Arts and Dean of Student Affairs of the Lyceum of Aparri
: invited by politicians to join local politics to represent the youth sector
: ran for municipal councilor but lost

The Transition (excerpts)
: sworn in as an appointed municipal councilor to serve the unexpired term of another councilor who passed away
: tried my new life as a public servant to respond the many concerns of the towns people that need to be addressed squarely thru legislation
: still taught at the Lyceum of Aparri as a part-time college instructor

Period of Achievements (excerpts)
: awarded as Outstanding Municipal Councilor of Cagayan by the Philippine Councilors League
: pioneered many innovative legislative measures ranging from giving awards to outstanding public school teachers, scholarship program for the poor but deserving students,instituting a local newspaper, to many and varied ordinances that benefit the Aparrianos
: wrote two books for the barangay officials (Barangay First) and the Sangguniang Kabataan (Empowering the Sangguniang Kabataan)
: shared my views on local and national issues thru the Philippine Daily Inquirer, Philippine Star, Philippine Free Press, and other major dailies
: regular columnist of the Northern Forum of Tuguegarao City, Guru Press of Tabuk City, and several others
: posted my articles in my site at http://reginaldtamayo.blogspot.com/
: ran for the vice-mayoral post but lost
: ran again as municipal councilor of Aparri in the 2004 elections and won a seat, a position which I still hold up to this time

Time to have a breather (excerpts)
: early this year, decided not to run in the forthcoming local elections
: my wife and children egged on me to continue with my law studies and I did God’s providential hand (excerpts)
: have been praying to God that He will pluck me out from the noisy politics and put my life in a more quiet place. God answered my prayer quite differently
: someone nominated me as Senatorial candidate under ANG KAPATIRAN Party
: severely grilled in an interview on national, political and moral issues; passed with flying colors and I was named 7th Senatorial candidate of the party
: don’t have any personal resources to sustain my candidacy but I sincerely believe I have you on my side, and with the guidance and provision from God I will not be another Jonah but to willingly accept the call and the challenge to run as a Senator in 2010 elections because there is no hiding place and hideout from God.

Thank you.
REGINALD BALISI TAMAYO, Member, Sangguniang Bayan

No comments:

Post a Comment