Welcome Aparrianos!

This is for all aparrianos (or those who care for Aparri) who are ready to blog!

Should you wish to join as a Power User, please send me your email address at aparrianos at gmail dot com. (please change "at" to "@" and "dot" to "."). Power user will be able to initiate blogs. There are a limited number of users this blog is allowed to take. First come , first serve.

Keep blogging...and as we always try to...

LIVE simply and fully,
SPEAK kindly and truthfully,
CARE generously and freely,
LOVE sincerely and deeply

Saturday, February 6, 2010

A P A R R I - Poem by Milagros Palattao

(dedicated to the batch of 50's & 60's)

Where the memories of my childhood shall never fade-
Where my footprints shall stay where ever i may-
A portrait of golden ray from the eastern breeze-
Through the western sun down with divine picturesque.

Cast a line on thy crystal shore-
Shall bring a smile into the modest home-
Spirit of thy livelihood is alive and adorn-
With amazing vast blue waters- is a truly adore.

My vision from yester-years shall forever exist-
Elegant ladies and smart prominent varsities-
Graceful dancers in MAY festivities-
Where are they now…..just the good memories.

Best for the best throughout a final night-
COMPARZA costumes were fashionable and bright-
The SUMMER TIME dancers with their cling delights-
Against the MAY TIME dancers with their gorgeous alights.

Home of the known,the prominent, the beauty and the diligent-
Brought up within thy heart with love and patience
Although humble YOU may-YOU had brighten my way-
Into what and where am I know and thanks to YOU I may say.

Gone were those days of my youth-
Though afar-my heart remain for you as I should-
My footprints shall stay forever- I would-
In my beloved APARRI….THE LAND OF MY ROOTS.

written by:
milagros palattao-maura,aparri-Queensland Australia- Tottenham London, England- Feb.5,2010

No comments:

Post a Comment